Don't just play games, play drums!
Drum Rocker Core is a premium drum set for the Rock Band series of video games. It is also fully compatible with the Pro Mode in Rock Band 3, so when you add cymbals to your Core kit, they can be played as separate parts from the pads.
This kit is designed to take a real beating, with all the positioning flexibility that professional drummers demand. Drum Rocker Core's professional aluminum drum rack lets you position your snare and tom pads wherever you want and its all-metal foot pedal is rugged and reliable. You can add Drum Rocker Cymbal Expansion Kits and customize your setup with real-feel, swinging cymbals that are color-assignable. And when you're ready to move from playing Rock Band to playing in a rock band, you can swap the game controller module with one of the professional drum brains made by Alesis, and you're ready to hit the road for real!
ULTRA-QUIET VELOCITY-SENSITIVE PADS
Drum Rocker Core's velocity-sensitive drum pads feature a playing surface that is much quieter than other drum controllers. They also feel great – the stick rebound off of the pad is much more natural and consistent than anything else available. The pad housing is made of high-impact plastic, designed to be whacked on stage night after night. No matter how much you punish them, the Drum Rocker drum pads can take it. The pads are mounted to the drum rack with a metal L-Arm and clamp system, which allows them to be tilted, swiveled, raised and lowered to whatever position you want. Just one warning – once you play these pads, nothing else will do!
ALL-METAL KICK DRUM PEDAL
The kick drum pedal with any drum controller takes a lot of abuse. No need to worry with Drum Rocker – this pedal is all metal and built to last! It's also got the right amount of tension to replicate the feeling of playing a real drum pedal, and there's even the Drum Rocker Double Kick Expansion Kit (sold separately) to allow for double-pedal setups. The pedal comes with Velcro and retractable spikes, so you can be sure it will stay put. You're not limited to where you place it either – put the kick pedal wherever you feel most comfortable playing it.
EXPAND AND COMPLETE THE EXPERIENCE WITH UP TO THREE CYMBALS
There's nothing like finishing a monster fill by whacking a crash cymbal. Or crossing over to play your hi-hat with your right hand while you keep the backbeat on the snare with your left. Or keeping time on a ride cymbal during the chorus. Optional Drum Rocker Cymbal Expansion Kits let you do all that and more, with cymbals that can be placed anywhere around the kit.
Have a seat on the ION Drum Throne, and when you're ready to take your playing beyond the Rock Band Game, the Alesis DM5 Professional Drum Sound Module is a great choice for standalone drumming.
Drum Rocker Core does not ship with the Rock Band 2 video game.
Rock Band® and Rock Band 2® are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc.
Xbox 360® is a trademark of Microsoft Corporation
PlayStation® is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Wii® is a trademark of Nintendo Inc.
Specifications subject to change without notice
- What is the refund and warranty policy?
- All ION Audio products come with a 90-day parts and labor warranty.* You may return new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund, or for credit towards another item.* www.ion-audio.com/returnpolicy
- Is DRUM ROCKER compatible with the new Rock Band 3 game? What about the new Pro Mode in the game?
- DRUM ROCKER is fully compatible with Rock Band 3, including the new “Rock Band Pro” mode. Users of existing DRUM ROCKER kits with cymbals will be able to have differentiated drum and cymbal response from their kits when used in game modes where differentiated inputs are supported.
- I received an invoice for the DRUM ROCKER kit but the accessories were not listed, why?
- We invoice only items that ship. We will send you another invoice for the accessories when they ship. UPS tracking information will be sent via email in 48-72 hours after your order ships.
- Can I use two kick drum pedals?
- To use two kick drum pedals in Rock Band 1 (not 2), you can connect a second pedal to the original kick drum pedal, which should be plugged into the controller module. You can purchase an additional DRUM ROCKER pedal soon from drumrocker.com.
- Are DRUM ROCKER pads single- or dual-zone?
- The pads are velocity sensitive, single zone pads.
- Can I remove the color rings from the drum pads if I want to use it as a regular electronic drum kit?
- Yes, the color rings can be removed using an allen wrench.
- Are these sold in any stores or only online?
- They should be available from major gaming and consumer electronics retail channels either in their store or on their website. If it's not, ask them to carry it or buy right here on ionaudio.com.
- Can I "choke" or stop the cymbals' sound by grabbing it?
- DRUM ROCKER cymbals are single-zone, so you can't "choke" them as you could with a regular cymbal or a dual-zone cymbal for an electronic kit.
- Where can I purchase DRUM ROCKER accessories like a third cymbal or an ION Drum Throne?
- Visit drumrocker.com or ionaudio.com to view and purchase DRUM ROCKER accessories.
- Is it possible to "remap" the hi-hat to red for certain songs? Or can I plug the hi-hat cymbal into the (red) snare drum input on the game module?
- There is no cymbal input that corresponds to the red input for the game, and the sensitivity level of the cymbal input is different than that of the pads, so you can’t simply plug the yellow cymbal into the red drum pad input. In those rare instances where Rock Band maps the hi-hat to the red drum pad, you will have to play the part on the red DRUM ROCKER pad, just as you would with the standard Rock Band kit.
- I read that the Premium Drums are limited edition. Does that mean you are only making a certain number of them, or are they only available for a certain amount of time (and for how long)?
- DRUM ROCKER is available in limited supply. Your best bet is to order DRUM ROCKER here. We ship units on a first come, first served basis.
- I want to use DRUM ROCKER as a real electronic drum set. What will I need to be able to do that?
- To use DRUM ROCKER as a real electronic drum set, you'll need the following: An Alesis DM5 drum module: Many drum modules can accept the DRUM ROCKER's 1/4" outputs, but ION recommends the Alesis DM5, which has over 500 professional quality sounds and 12 1/4" trigger inputs perfectly suited to handle the DRUM ROCKER pads' output levels. A Module Mount Kit: The Module Mount Kit allows you to mount the DM5 module to your DRUM ROCKER. A velocity-sensitive bass drum trigger pad and pedal: The bass drum input on the DM5 requires a velocity-sensitive trigger pad so it can properly respond to your kick drum playing. This kind of trigger pad and an appropriate bass drum pedal should be available at your local music retailer. An extra 1/4" cable: To connect the bass drum pad to the DM5 module. This is available at your local music retailer. Once you connect your new bass drum pedal, you can use the included DRUM ROCKER pedal as a footswitch for your left foot to take advantage of both "open" and "closed" hi-hat sounds on the DM5. We also highly recommend purchasing the DRUM ROCKER CYMBAL KIT. Adding this third cymbal will give you the feel of playing on a true drum set, which typically has three cymbals: a hi-hat, crash and ride. Consult the DM5/DRUM ROCKER Setup Guide for more information on how to turn your DRUM ROCKER into a real electronic drum kit!
- Is DRUM ROCKER wireless?
- DRUM ROCKER is a wired game controller, but the cable is four meters long, which should give you flexibility in determining where the kit should be setup. (DRUM ROCKER is also quite easy to fold up for storage, as well.)
- I don't live in the US. Can I buy DRUM ROCKER and have it shipped to me in another country?
- We only accept pre-orders from U.S. and Canadian customers at this time.
- Does DRUM ROCKER work with other games, or just Rock Band?
- DRUM ROCKER is designed to work with Rock Band 2, and is compatible with the original version of Rock Band as well. If other music games choose to use the standard drum controller layout that was pioneered by Rock Band, then DRUM ROCKER should work with them. If other games choose to use a different drum controller layout, those games will not be compatible with DRUM ROCKER. For example, Activision has stated that Guitar Hero World Tour will work with Xbox 360 Rock Band drum controllers, which means that DRUM ROCKER should work with Guitar Hero World Tour in the same way that the core Harmonix drums will work. Wii users – DRUM ROCKER for Wii is not compatible with Activision games, including Guitar Hero.
- Is there a plug for the headset/Mic?
- Yes, there is on the Xbox 360 version.
- What gaming systems is DRUM ROCKER compatible with?
- There are three (3) specific models, one for PS2/PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii. All are available now.
- Can I purchase just the DRUM ROCKER module without the drums?
- Yes, the modules are available on our web site at ionaudio.com.
- Can I use DRUM ROCKER on my original rock band game?
- Yes, DRUM ROCKER is fully compatible with Rock Band, Rock Band 2 and Rock Band 3.
- Is DRUM ROCKER compatible with Guitar Hero: World tour?
- DRUM ROCKER is designed only for use with the Rock Band series of games. Other games may work with DRUM ROCKER, but we have not tested nor do we offer support for use with other games.
- Is there a way to differentiate between cymbals and toms of the same color while playing in game?
- Rock Band doesn't differentiate between cymbal and tom pads, so you're free to hit whichever feels most comfortable to you. There are some gameplay modes, however, like the Drum Trainer in Rock Band 2, which use intelligent software to determine when you are hitting a cymbal or a drum and provide the appropriate sounds. Rock Band 3 does support separate inputs and is supported with DRUM ROCKER in this way.
- Is there a diagnostic mode so I can make sure all the drums and cymbals are working properly?
- DRUM ROCKER works just like the Harmonix drum set in terms of calibration and diagnostics.
- Is there a controller to convert the set into real drums? If so, how much does it cost?
- While DRUM ROCKER pads can be used with any drum module (or "drum brain") with 1/4" inputs, you will get the best results from a module that has adjustable input sensitivity, so it can be "tuned" to the output of the DRUM ROCKER pads and cymbals. We recommend the Alesis DM5, which has been tested with DRUM ROCKER. The DM5 can generally be found for $349 at musical instrument retailers like Sweetwater and Guitar Center. The Alesis Trigger IO has a street price of around $149 and can connect DRUM ROCKER to a PC to use software as a sound source. The Alesis DM6 module is also sold at ionaudio.com for this purpose.
- If I have my own electronic drum pads, cymbals or pedals, will I be able to plug them in to the DRUM ROCKER module to play Rock Band?
- While you may be able to plug other electronic drum triggers into the DRUM ROCKER controller module, they may not work with Rock Band. The DRUM ROCKER module was designed specifically for use with the DRUM ROCKER drum and cymbal pads, which have a unique set of output characteristics (as do all electronic drum and cymbal pads and pedals). Plugging another set of triggers with 1/4" outputs into the DRUM ROCKER module will not yield the same results as using a DRUM ROCKER kit, and in fact may not work at all. Although, if your goal is to have a single electronic drum set that can be used with your existing drum module and Rock Band as well, you can go at this from another angle. If your module has 1/4" inputs (and its input sensitivity can be adjusted), we suggest purchasing a DRUM ROCKER and using its pads with your existing electronic drum module. This way, you can have a single kit for playing games and playing music!
- Why does my DRUM ROCKER come with three cymbal color rings but only two cymbals?
- We included three color rings so you can be flexible with which cymbal triggers which color. For instance, you may prefer to use the right-hand cymbal as a green or blue trigger. Just remember to match the color of the cymbal ring with the color of that cymbal's connection on the drum module. DRUM ROCKER CORE does not come with cymbals or rings.
- How do I reinitialize DRUM ROCKER back to its factory defaults?
- DRUM ROCKER is a controller and doesn't include any software or default "settings". All of the settings related to DRUM ROCKER are found inside the Rock Band game, so there is no need to reinitialize DRUM ROCKER itself.
- Where can I get technical support or parts and warranty information?
- Call Tech Support at (401) 658-3743.
- How do I contact ION Audio or inMusic with questions about my order?
- Contact us by e-mailing us through the DRUM ROCKER website. You can also call (888) 800-0681 for U.S. orders or (954) 761-7550 for Canadian orders.
- How can I get replacement DRUM ROCKER parts?
- Visit https://www.drumrocker.com/replacement/
- Does DRUM ROCKER come with a MIDI output?
- DRUM ROCKER can be used as a MIDI device when connected to a drum module with a MIDI output such as the Alesis Trigger|iO or DM5, though not with the included DRUM ROCKER module.
- How much is shipping?
- DRUM ROCKER ships via UPS Ground to U.S. customers for $25.00. Canadian customers will be notified individually regarding the cost to ship DRUM ROCKER to Canada.