Don't just play games, play drums!
Drum Rocker delivers the most realistic drumming experience available to any gamer, regardless of platform. That's because it was built by the engineers at Alesis, one of the largest manufacturers of professional electronic drums in the world. As a result, you get a kit that's designed to take a real beating, with all the positioning flexibility that professional drummers demand. While other drum controllers lock you down to a pre-molded plastic array of pads, Drum Rocker's professional aluminum drum rack lets you position your snare, tom and cymbal pads wherever you want. When you're ready to move from playing Rock Band to playing in a rock band, you can swap the game controller module with one of the professional drum brains made by Alesis, and you're ready to hit the road for real!
ULTRA-QUIET, VELOCITY SENSITIVE PADS
Drum Rocker's velocity-sensitive drum pads feature a playing surface that is much quieter than other drum controllers. They also feel great – the stick rebound off of the pad is much more natural and consistent than anything else available. The pad housing is made of high-impact plastic, designed to be whacked on stage night after night. No matter how much you punish them, the Drum Rocker drum pads can take it. The pads are mounted to the drum rack with a metal L-Arm and clamp system, which allows them to be tilted, swiveled, raised and lowered to whatever position you want. Just one warning – once you play these pads, nothing else will do!
COMPLETE THE EXPERIENCE WITH UP TO THREE CYMBALS
There's nothing like finishing a monster fill by whacking a crash cymbal. Or crossing over to play your hi-hat with your right hand while you keep the backbeat on the snare with your left. Or keeping time on a ride cymbal during the chorus. Drum Rocker lets you do all that and more, with cymbals that can be placed anywhere around the kit. Drum Rocker comes with two cymbals and mounting hardware out of the box, and a third cymbal is available as an optional accessory. You get to decide how you want to use the two cymbals that come with the kit – set them up as a hi-hat/crash, crash/ride or hi-hat/ride combination, then add the third cymbal to round out the kit.
ALL-METAL KICK DRUM PEDAL
The kick drum pedal with any drum controller takes a lot of abuse. No need to worry with Drum Rocker – this pedal is all metal and built to last! It's also got the right amount of tension to replicate the feeling of playing a real drum pedal, and there's even the Drum Rocker Double Kick Expansion Kit (sold seprately) to allow for double-pedal setups.
The pedal comes with Velcro and retractable spikes, so you can be sure it will stay put. You're not limited to where you place it either – put the kick pedal wherever you feel most comfortable playing it.
Create your own custom setup with the Drum Rocker 3-Cymbal Kit and Drum Rocker Double Kick Expnasion Kit. Have a seat on the ION Drum Throne, and when you're ready to take your playing beyond the Rock Band Game, the Alesis DM5 Professional Drum Sound Module is a great choice for standalone drumming.
Drum Rocker does not ship with the Rock Band 2 video game.
Rock Band™ and Rock Band 2™ are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc.
PlayStation® is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Velcro® is a registered trademark of Velcro Industries B.V.
Guitar Hero is a trademark of Activision Publishing, Inc.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Q: How can I use two kick drum pedals? Can I use two kick pedals with Rock Band and the Alesis DM5 sound module?
- A: For use with Rock Band, you can chain the accessory pedal to the original kick drum pedal, which then gets plugged into the controller mo
- Q: What type of pads are used on the DRUM ROCKER? Are they single or dual strike zone – I’m asking because I’m at Expert Level on Rock Band 1 and will be eventually purchasing the DM5 sound module to start a band.
- A: The pads are velocity sensitive, single zone pads.
- Q: Are the color rings removable should I decide to permanently make this my drumming solution for non-Rock band use?
- A: The color rings can be removed using a simple allen wrench.
- Q: Will I be able to stop the cymbals' sound?
- A: The cymbals are single zone and do not include “choke” functionality.
- Q: Does the kit have a MIDI Out port, or does it use a USB interface to jam with the Alesis DM5?
- A: When using a DM5 with DRUM ROCKER, the DM5 is substituted for the controller module that connects the pads to your gaming console. As suc
- Q: Will it be possible to remap the hi-hat to red for the appropriate songs? (such as Run to the Hills, Orange Crush, Outside...)? Even if we could plug in the hi-hat cymbal to the red snare drum's input jack or something, that would be great.
- A: There is no cymbal input that corresponds to the red input for the game, and the sensitivity level of the cymbal input is different than
- Q: When will I be able to pre-order the third cymbal?
- A: The third cymbal is available for purchase now.
- Q: I read that the Premium Drums are limited edition. Does that mean you are only making a certain number of them, or are they only available for a certain amount of time (and for how long)?
- A: DRUM ROCKER will be in limited supply for the holiday season; we are making them as fast as we can, but demand has been overwhelming. You
- Q: I want to use DRUM ROCKER as a real electronic drum set. What will I need to be able to do that?
- A: While there are many "drum brains" that accept the 1/4" outputs of the DRUM ROCKER drum pads and cymbals, ION recommends using the Alesis
- Q: Is DRUM ROCKER wireless?
- A: DRUM ROCKER is a wired game controller. We figure that drums are by nature a stationary instrument, and don’t need to be wireless.
- Q: Will DRUM ROCKER work with other games, or just Rock Band?
- A: DRUM ROCKER is designed for Rock Band 2, and is compatible with Guitar Hero: World Tour and the original version of Rock Band.
- Q: Is there a plug for the headset/Mic?
- A: Yes, there is.
- Q: If I want just the brain without the rest of the drums, will that be available for purchase separately? If so, when and how much?
- A: We have not finalized plans to sell the DRUM ROCKER controller module separately, but expect that we will do so later in the year.
- Q: Is there a way to differentiate between the cymbals and the toms while playing in game?
- A: The gameplay in Rock band 2 doesn't differentiate between cymbal and tom pads, so you're free to hit whichever feels most comfortable to you. Rock Band 3 does recognize the cymbals as separate inputs.
- Q: Is there a diagnostic mode so I can make sure all the drums and cymbals are working properly?
- A: DRUM ROCKER works just like the Harmonix drum set in terms of calibration and diagnostics.
- Q: Is there a controller to convert the set into real drums? How much?
- A: While DRUM ROCKER pads can be used with any drum module (or "drum brain") with 1/4" inputs, you will get the best results from a module t
- Q: If I have my own electronic drum pads, like the Roland V-Drum triggers, will I be able to plug them in to the DRUM ROCKER controller?
- A: While you may be able to plug your existing pads into the DRUM ROCKER controller module, turning your existing electronic kit into a Rock
- Q: Is there a way to re-initialize the product back to factory specification?
- A: DRUM ROCKER is a controller and doesn't include any software or "settings". All of the settings related to DRUM ROCKER are found inside t
- Q: Can I use my Omega pedal (Pearl professional pedal modded with a toggle limit switch)?
- A: We have no plans to test the DRUM ROCKER module with other pads and pedals. The module is designed to be used with the DRUM ROCKER pads a
- Q: Does the DRUM ROCKER use the same connection (as the standard Harmonix Rock Band kit) for the foot pedal? The reason I ask is because I've already purchased a pair of Omega pedals.
- A: The Harmonix foot pedal has an 1/8" output, while the DRUM ROCKER pedal has a 1/4" output. While you may be able to connect your aftermar
- Q: Let us suppose that one of the pads stopped working after the 90-day warranty had expired. Is there any way to purchase a repair or replacement of that pad through ION?
- A: We will be offering replacement pads and rack parts and more on drumrocker.com in the coming weeks.
- Q: Will the DRUM ROCKER come with a midi output?
- A: DRUM ROCKER ships as a gaming controller. You can use it as a MIDI device by purchasing a "drum brain" with MIDI output (such as the Ales