Powerful go-anywhere sound that lasts all day.
Tailgater Active™ comes ready to stream music wirelessly from any Bluetooth music player or phone, and its built-in battery will keep the music going for up to 50 hours. Need a power outlet? Tailgater Active has you covered with two extra outlets built in*, so you can recharge your phone or power other electronics. Bluetooth is built in, providing up to 100 feet of wireless freedom from smartphones or tablets.
Tailgater Active’s cabinet is built to take a beating with chrome-plated steel handles and protective corner bumpers. A full-length metal grille keeps the speaker safe. The integrated AM/FM radio ensures you will never miss the big game, and 6 radio preset buttons give you fast access to your favorite stations. The rubberized buttons and knobs protect the speaker yet are easy to grip-- even with gloves on.
Equipped for everything in your active lifestyle, Tailgater Active even has a 1/8-inch input for accommodating non-Bluetooth audio sources such as CD players, digital media players, laptops and more.
*AC outlets distribute power only when Tailgater Active is connected to wall power. iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android is a registered trademark of Google Inc. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
- What colors are available for the Tailgater Active?
The Tailgater Active is available in three colors: Black, Camo, and Blue
- How do I pair the Tailgater Active to my Bluetooth device?
- Turn on your Bluetooth device
- Power on the Tailgater Active and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to pair to the amp, press the disconnect button on the amp to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find the Tailgater Active and connect. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- The Bluetooth LED on the Tailgater Bluetooth will light up solid when it is paired.
- My Bluetooth device sees the Tailgater Active but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the ION SPEAKER and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the Tailgater Bluetooth, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
- Can I replace the battery myself?
Yes! Check out this handy guide that walks you through replacing the battery in your ION speaker.
- What are the battery specifications?
The Tailgater Active has a 12v, 5AH, lead acid battery.
- How do I maintain a good Bluetooth connection between my device and the Tailgater?
A strong Bluetooth connection between your device and the Tailgateris required for optimal sound quality, but there are many things that can degrade that connection. If you experience any audio dropouts or interference, you should take note of anything around you that might be causing it. The article linked below lists some common reasons for experiencing Bluetooth interference.
- Where can I get further technical support for this and other ION products?
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.