Keep Your Ears Safe & Enjoy Great Sound!
Mowing the lawn? Wacking those weeds? Vacuuming the house? Hard at work on the job site? If you love music, you owe it to yourself to protect your hearing. Tough Sounds™ from ION Audio will protect your ears while you enjoy great music—on the job or off. Bluetooth technology allows you to stream music to the Tough Sound internal speakers, or even talk on your smart phone. Plus, you can listen to the built-in AM/FM Radio anywhere you go.
Outside, Tough Sounds headphones reduce the external noise reaching your ears by an effective 25 dB (Decibels). Ruggedly crafted, Tough Sounds feature comfortable ear cushions; the adjustable headband quickly adjusts to provide a cozy fit for every user. Plus, the lightweight design insures fatigue-free use, day after day.
Inside, Tough Sounds are equipped with a compact personal audio system. The built-in AM/FM Radio offers twenty presets—more than enough to program all your favorite stations. Prefer your own tunes? No problem. You can stream audio to Tough Sounds from any and all Bluetooth music players. Best of all, Tough Sounds provides a built-in microphone and is fully compatible with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone—so you can stay in contact as you work. Wireless technology keeps your device safely in your pocket, while you enjoy flawless audio via the built-in Tough Sound speakers.
The streamlined design offers convenient controls that are simple to operate, including an oversized volume knob. The 1/8" stereo input can accept an audio signal from nearly any source for enhanced versatility. Using the internal lithium-ion battery, Tough Sounds can operate for roughly 20+ hours on a single USB charge. Tough Sounds is the all-in-one solution for effective hearing protection and excellent on-the-go audio. .
Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Where can I find further information on the ION Audio Tough Sounds?
- You can find further information on the ION Audio Tough Sounds at this link.
- The Tough Sounds have a NRR of 25dB. What does that mean?
NRR stands for Noise Reduction Rating. Tough Sounds effectively reduces outside noise and protects your ears from hazardous sound levels. For more information on Noise Reduction Ratings, visit this link.
- What is the dB output of the Tough Sounds?
- How do I pair Tough Sounds to my Bluetooth device?
The SRC button toggles between AM, FM, and Bluetooth playback modes. To pair your Bluetooth device -
- Select ---- (blinking) to activate Bluetooth mode and begin pairing.
- In your Bluetooth device settings, find Tough Sounds and connect.
- Once paired, the Bluetooth logo on the LCD screen will change to indicate that you are paired to your device.
- If you're having trouble with your Bluetooth connection, press and hold the SRC button for 2 seconds to reset the current Bluetooth connection (this is disabled during a phone call).
- My Bluetooth device sees Tough Sounds but is unable to connect to them. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the ION SPEAKER and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the Explorer Bluetooth M2, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should once again be able to pair your device.
- How do I tell which earphone is for my left/right ear?
The LCD screen and controls are located on the RIGHT earphone.
- How long does the battery last? How long do my Tough Sounds need to charge?
Your Tough Sounds' battery should last approximately 20 hours on a 2 hour charge. If your Tough Sounds' battery is low you will notice the battery indicator flashing on the LCD screen.
- Should I power my Tough Sounds OFF while charging?
Yes. For the most effective charging, be sure the Tough Sounds is fully powered OFF by turning the knob counterclockwise until you here the click.
- How do I tell that my Tough Sounds are done charging?
The battery indicator light on Tough Sounds will illuminate while charging and go out once the headphones have been fully charged.
- The LCD screen is working but none of the buttons do anything when I press them. Are my Tough Sounds broken?
Some settings, such as time, can be adjusted while Tough Sounds are turned off. In order to get any sort of output from Tough Sounds you must power them on by turning the volume knob until it clicks.
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.