WWW.IONAUDIO.COMJuly 17, 2018
Your cartridge and stylus are where the rubber hits the road on your turntable. Or should we say, where the needle hits the record. This replacement ceramic cartridge is a perfect fit for your Classic LP, iPT01, iPTUSB, iPTUSB LE, Max LP, or Mobile LP and many other ION turntables (see list below). If your stylus is worn, or if you just need a backup, this cartridge will keep your turntable in top shape and sounding great!
- Grasp both sides of the stylus and pull forward to remove stylus
- Grasp both sides of the stylus and slide up and back to attach stylus
- grab headshell with thumb under front tab and index finger on rear of head shell with left hand.
- grab old cartridge with right thumb and index finger. Carefully Pull down and forward with right hand while while pulling up with left hand.
- carefully disconnect wires from rear of cartridge pulling from metal tabs.
- reconnect wires on new cartridge. the single metal connector with black wires goes on the bottom posts that are closer together.
- From rear view, as you would install the cartridge - The red wire goes on the right upper post, the white wire goes on the left upper post.
- reconnect cartridge to headshell by placing cartridge beneath headshell with thumb below cartridge and index finger on top of headshell.
- carefully squeeze the two together. a 'light' snap occurs and the catridge should fit snug.
Fits all ION turntables that use a ceramic cartridge (see following list):
*TTUSB, TTUSBDC, LP2CD, Select LP use a magnetic cartridge and are not compatible.
All information is preliminary and subject to change.