Exporting Individual Songs from a Long Recording in Audacity
The EZ Vinyl Tape Converter software is an effective and easy way to convert tapes and LPs to MP3. However, if a recording has a large amount of silence or none at all, either too many or too few individual tracks will be created. This guide covers how to manually export individual songs from a master recording in Audacity.
For how to download, install, and set up Audacity, click here.
- Before recording in EZ Vinyl, make sure the Split recording into tracks box is unchecked.
- Record an entire side of a tape or LP and finish the recording.
- Open Audacity.
- Select File -> Open
- Select the recording.
- Find the start and end point of the track you would like to export.
- Click and drag to select this section.
- Go to File -> Export Selection.
- Repeat for each track of the recording!
For more information and help with Audacity please visit: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/