ION Audio Air LP - Frequently Asked Questions
Unleash yourself from the restriction of cumbersome hookup cables. With Air LP, you can send the sound from your records wirelessly to any Bluetooth speaker. Put Air LP where it’s convenient for you and put your Bluetooth speaker where it sounds best—the sound is transmitted wirelessly and your days of fumbling with connection cables are finally over. Air LP is a full-featured turntable that gets the best from your records and gives you endless opportunities for enjoyment. This article answers some of the most frequently asked questions about Air LP.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What kind of speakers can I use with Air LP?
- Will Air LP work with my SONOS® system?
- How do I choose what speaker my Air LP is connecting to?
- How do I pair Air LP to my Bluetooth speaker?
- What is the wireless range of Air LP?
- What is the Aux input for?
- I would like to order a new stylus. Where can I get one?
- Can I use a 78 RPM record with this turntable?
- My turntable won't spin when I move the tone arm over the record. What do I do?
- Is the turntable belt replaceable?
- Is the tone arm adjustable?
- My record is skipping. What should I do?
- How do I use Air LP with my computer?
- Where can I find further support for this and other ION Audio products?
Air LP can stream to most Bluetooth speakers. It uses A2DP which enables the wireless streaming of high quality stereo audio. If you have a Bluetooth speaker that you already use with your mobile device, tablet, or computer, you should also be able to stream your vinyl to it using Air LP.
Air LP will not connect to a SONOS system. SONOS uses their own streaming technology, not Bluetooth.
Air LP will connect to the closest Bluetooth speaker within range (approximately 30ft). It is recommended to turn off any other Bluetooth speakers that are within range so that you can be sure Air LP easily pairs with the desired speaker. If after 5 minutes no Bluetooth speaker can be found to pair with, the Bluetooth transmitter will become inactive and the LED will turn off.
- Power on your Bluetooth speaker and ensure it is in pairing mode.
- Power on the Air LP turntable.
- Press and release the Bluetooth button on Air LP to start pairing to your Bluetooth device. Once Air LP is connected to the Bluetooth speaker, the Bluetooth LED will be solid blue. Your Bluetooth speaker should also indicate that its paired.
- Play music on your Air LP turntable. If you are connected to a Bluetooth speaker with a play/pause button, and do not hear audio, try pressing the play/pause button.
- Adjust the volume on your Bluetooth device.
- To disconnect pairing, power off the Air LP turntable or turn of Bluetooth pairig.
Air LP has a range of approximately 30ft. Like all Bluetooth devices, range can be subject to interference from furniture, walls, and even people. Try to keep the line of sight between Air LP and your Bluetooth speaker as clear as possible. Additionally, the most range is achieved when streaming to a Bluetooth 4.0 speaker.
Air LP has an auxiliary input which can be used to connect a CD player, digital media player, or other audio source via a 1/8" stereo aux cable. The audio from the Aux input is also transmitted over Bluetooth.
The Air LP utilizes a high-quality ceramic cartridge and stylus which can be found at various third-party retail locations online. If you're interested in ordering a replacement, you can visit the CZ-800-10 Cartridge product page here. They can also be ordered directly from ION Audio by calling 1-401-659-3743 ext. 1406.
Absolutely! However, we recommend obtaining a 78 RPM stylus to be used with your 78 RPM records. You can purchase a compatible 78 RPM stylus here.
First, try the following steps:
- Ensure the turntable is powered on (power switch in the back).
- Ensure AUTOSTOP is turned On and the tonearm is placed over record (if AUTOSTOP is Off it should always be spinning when power is on).
- If the above steps do not help, you may need to re-attach your turntable belt. For details on how to do this, see the guide located at http://www.ionaudio.com/turntablebelt
If you continue to have further difficulties, contact ION Audio Technical Support for further assistance.
Yes! For details on how to change or re-attach your turntable belt, see this guide.
The ION Audio Air LP does not have an adjustable tone arm. The tone arm is optimized and professionally engineered to provide optimal playback and sit perfectly in the groove to give the highest quality recording.
If the record is skipping, try cleaning the record directly using standard LP cleaning techniques. For some materials that can help with the cleaning of your vinyl, you can find the VINYL ALIVE Record Cleaning Kit on the ION Audio website. If the record continues to skip, consider replacing the stylus by following the steps suggested here.
You can use the included USB cable to connect your turntable to your computer. The USB connection will send audio from the turntable to your computer. Using our EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software, you can record your vinyl to your computer in a digital format, allowing you to burn it to CD, upload it to a personal media device, or just listen on your computer. For more info, we recommend visiting our guide on using EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.