ION Audio Air LP and AIR CD - Troubleshooting Connections to Bluetooth® Speakers
The ION Audio Air LP and AIR CD allow you to wirelessly stream your favorite records or CDs to virtually any Bluetooth speaker. If you are having trouble setting up, this guide offers troubleshooting steps to help you get your AIR LP or AIR CD paired with your Bluetooth speaker.
Troubleshooting Bluetooth Connections with your Bluetooth Speaker
- Observe the Air LP/CD Bluetooth connection status
- No Connection/Not pairing - The pair light on the LP CD will be Off / The display on the Air CD will not read "BT"
- Actively Pairing - The Pair light on the Air LP will be continuously blinking / The Air CD will read a blinking "BT" on the display. The pairing process could take up to 30 seconds.
- Paired - The Air LP pair light will be lit a solid blue / The "BT" on the Air CD will be solid (not blinking) indicating that the Air LP/CD is connected with a Bluetooth speaker.
If you observe LED behavior that is NOT listed above, we recommend contacting ION technical support so they can assist you.
- Move Air LP/CD closer to your Bluetooth speaker
- Turn off both the speaker and Air LP/CD, then turn them both back on.
- Move each device close to each other. This should be within 30 feet (9.1m).
- Attempt to pair them again while they're close to each other.
- Make sure you have no other Bluetooth speakers powered on and in range of Air LP/CD
The Air LP/CD attempts to pair with the strongest and closest Bluetooth device available. To ensure that Air LP/CD pairs with your desired Bluetooth speaker, make sure all other nearby Bluetooth devices are turned off.
- Check that you are using a Bluetooth speaker and not another type of wireless speaker
There are different methods of streaming audio wirelessly. It is important to make sure that the speaker you are attempting to pair with the Air LP/CD is Bluetooth compatible. Some systems such as Apple TV and SONOS® use non-Bluetooth technology to stream audio. These products will not pair with Air LP/CD.
- Give Air LP/CD enough time to pair to your speaker
Distance, wireless interference, and signal strength can all affect how long it takes Air LP/CD to pair with your speaker. Occasionally, it may take a few minutes for the pairing process to complete, especially if you're pairing to a new speaker. Give Air LP/CD enough time to pair and pay attention to the Bluetooth connection status indicators.
- Power cycle Air LP/CD and your speaker
Some Bluetooth speakers only enter pairing mode for a limited time when they're powered on. Try turning both Air LP/CD and your speaker OFF and then ON again before trying to pair
- Make sure you are following the directions for your speaker
As mentioned above, some Bluetooth speakers enter pairing mode as soon as they are turned on, but others may require you to press a "pairing" button or more. For more information please reference the manual for your Bluetooth speaker.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.