ION Audio Block Rocker Bluetooth® iPA56D - Frequently Asked Questions
Block Rocker Bluetooth iPA56D is an all-in-one wireless sound system for smartphones, tablets, microphones, and instruments. Designed to deliver powerful sound anywhere, Block Rocker Bluetooth iPA56D comes equipped with a 50-Watt speaker that projects your music, loud and clear. This article answers some frequently asked questions about the Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pair the Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Block Rocker Bluetooth but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- What is Easy Pairing? What is NFC (Near-Field Communication)?
- Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- How do I use Easy Pair to connect my NFC capable device?
- I'm having difficulty pairing using Easy Pair. What should I do?
- Is the Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D compatible with the ION Block Rocker app for iOS and Android?
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
- Turn on your Bluetooth device
- Power on the Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you are in pairing mode when the LED is blank.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to pair to the amp, press the disconnect button on the amp to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find the Block Rocker and connect. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- The Bluetooth LED on the Explorer will light up solid when it is paired.
My Bluetooth device sees the Block Rocker Bluetooth but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the ION SPEAKER and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
Yes! Check out this handy guide that walks you through replacing the battery in your ION speaker.
The battery in the Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D is a 12V 5AH Lead Acid Battery.
Easy Pair is a form of NFC tap pairing, otherwise known as 'bump pairing'. NFC stands for Near-field Communication and is the power behind the technology used in the ION Audio Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D. More information on what Near-field Communication is can be found here and here.
Basically, NFC allows a device, usually a mobile phone, to collect data from another device or NFC tag at when it is moved into a close range. In many ways, it’s like a contact-less payment card that is integrated into a phone. In other ways, it’s similar to Bluetooth, except that instead of programming two devices to work together, they can simply touch to establish a connection.
Many popular Android smartphones have this feature. To date, there is no iOS device that has this feature. You may need to refer to your device information, manual, or support to determine if your device is NFC-capable, however here are a couple of links that may help to determine if your device has this functionality:
NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check in your device’s manual to see if this feature is supported.
To use NFC to pair with the Block Rocker Bluetooth IPA56D:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on the BlockRocker Bluetooth.
- Gently bump your device against the ‘N’ logo located on BlockRocker Bluetooth’s top panel, and hold it there for a couple of seconds.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- First, be sure you have an NFC or Easy Pair compatible device: Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- Next, carefully follow the Easy Pair pairing steps detailed above.
- The NFC chip in your phone or device is quite small. Be sure you know where the chip is located in your device, and make sure you're touching this exact spot to the against the ‘N’ logo located on the BlockRocker. If you don't know exactly where the NFC chip is located inside your phone or device, visit the phone/device manufacturer's website to find out.
- While most users won't need to remove their case, if you've come this far and you're still having difficulty, try removing your phone case (if you have one).
- If you're still having difficulty, please contact ION technical support for further assistance.
Yes! All ION Speakers are compatible with the ION Block Rocker app. You can download the app for free from the iOS App Store on your iPhone or from the Google Play store on your Android device.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.