ION Audio Block Rocker iPA76C - Frequently Asked Questions
When you want to enjoy great times outdoors, the Block Rocker comes through for you. This rugged, rechargeable speaker streams your favorite music from any Bluetooth device and pumps out great sound through its 8-inch 2-way speaker system powered by a 50-watt dynamic power amplifier. It has a built-in AM/FM radio so you’ll all enjoy catching the game or that great oldies station, and afterwards, use Block Rocker’s high-quality microphone to create your own memorable events. With a USB powerbank to recharge your devices and a telescoping handle and built-in wheels, the Block Rocker is as convenient to use as it is exciting to hear! This article answers your questions about the Block Rocker iPA76C.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I tell what model ION speaker I have?
- How do I pair the Block Rocker iPA76C to my Bluetooth device?How do I pair the Block Rocker iPA76C to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Block Rocker but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- How do I link 2 Block Rocker iPA76Cs together?
- I’ve linked 2 Block Rockers together wirelessly but I can’t hear the AM/FM radio. Did I do something wrong?
- Can I stream Bluetooth audio directly from my computer to the Block Rocker iPA76C?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Does the Block Rocker iPA76C have a switching power supply?
- What is Easy Pairing? What is NFC (Near-Field Communication)?
- Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- How do I use Easy Pair to connect my NFC capable device?
- I'm having difficulty pairing using Easy Pair. What should I do??
- Is the Block Rocker iPA76C compatible with the ION Block Rocker app for iOS and Android?
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
The model of ION speaker you have is clearly labeled on the back of the speaker, in the upper left corner.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Block Rocker. If you have previously connected to another Bluetooth device, Block Rocker will reconnect. To disconnect pairing if the Bluetooth icon is lit solid, press and release the Bluetooth button.
- Press and release the Bluetooth button to start pairing to your device. The Bluetooth icon will start flashing.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find “Block Rocker” and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- To disconnect pairing while the Bluetooth icon is lit solid, press and release the Bluetooth button. If the Bluetooth icon is flashing, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds to cancel pairing mode.
- To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat steps 3-4.
Note: Maximum range will be achieved when using devices with Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
My Bluetooth device sees the Block Rocker but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the Block Rocker and choose "Forget Device". After your device "forgets" the Block Rocker it should be able to reconnect.
Please note that only two Block Rocker iPA76Cs can be linked together. This feature is not compatible with other ION speakers.
- Power on each Block Rocker. Ensure both units show “Block Rocker iPA76C” on the rear panel and have the Link button on the front panel.
- If necessary, disconnect previous Bluetooth connections by holding down the Bluetooth button for 3 seconds.
- Press and release the Link button on each Block Rocker. The Link icon will flash and a beeping sound will be heard. It may take a minute or longer to link. When the Block Rockers are linked, the Link icon will be lit solid on both units. When the Link icon is flashing, press and hold the Link button 3 seconds to cancel the linking process.
- Press and release the Bluetooth button on the Block Rocker to be used as the master (left channel).
- Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth setup screen, find Block Rocker Pair, and connect. This creates a stereo pair. The unit with the Bluetooth icon is the left speaker, the unit without the Bluetooth icon is the right speaker. Ensure you are within 100’ range of the left speaker and that the right speaker is within 30 feet of the left speaker. The speakers will re-link automatically the next time they are both powered on.
- To disconnect linking, hold the Link button on the master Block Rocker for 3 seconds.
I've linked two Block Rockers together wirelessly but I can’t hear the AM/FM radio or AUX input. Did I do something wrong?
When two Block Rockers are linked, they are receiving a stereo signal wirelessly from your Bluetooth device. You will not be able to hear the AM/FM radio or the AUX input through two linked Block Rockers.
You can, but Bluetooth streaming from a laptop is often not nearly as reliable as streaming from a smartphone or tablet. You may notice difficulty pairing, audio dropouts, or reduced range when streaming from a computer, especially if you have two Block Rockers linked. It is highly recommended to stream from a smartphone or tablet.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
Yes! Check out this handy guide that walks you through replacing the battery in your ION speaker.
The battery in the Block Rocker iPA76C is a 12V 7AH Lead Acid Battery.
Yes! The power supply on the iPA76C will automatically switch between 120V and 240V, provided the correct IEC cable is plugged into the power jack.
Easy Pair is a form of NFC tap pairing, otherwise known as 'bump pairing'. NFC stands for Near-field Communication and is the power behind the technology used in the ION Audio Block Rocker iPA76C. More information on what Near-field Communication is can be found here and here.
Basically, NFC allows a device, usually a mobile phone, to collect data from another device or NFC tag at when it is moved into a close range. In many ways, it’s like a contact-less payment card that is integrated into a phone. In other ways, it’s similar to Bluetooth, except that instead of programming two devices to work together, they can simply touch to establish a connection.
Many popular Android smartphones have this feature. To date, there is no iOS device that has this feature. You may need to refer to your device information, manual, or support to determine if your device is NFC-capable, however here are a couple of links that may help to determine if your device has this functionality:
NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check in your device’s manual to see if this feature is supported.
To use NFC to pair with the Block Rocker iPA76C:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on the BlockRocker Bluetooth.
- Gently bump your device against the ‘N’ logo located on BlockRocker Bluetooth’s top panel, and hold it there for a couple of seconds.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- First, be sure you have an NFC or Easy Pair compatible device: Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- Next, carefully follow the Easy Pair pairing steps detailed above.
- The NFC chip in your phone or device is quite small. Be sure you know where the chip is located in your device, and make sure you're touching this exact spot to the against the ‘N’ logo located on the BlockRocker. If you don't know exactly where the NFC chip is located inside your phone or device, visit the phone/device manufacturer's website to find out.
- While most users won't need to remove their case, if you've come this far and you're still having difficulty, try removing your phone case (if you have one).
- If you're still having difficulty, please contact ION technical support for further assistance.
Yes! All ION Speakers are compatible with the ION Block Rocker app. You can download the app for free from the iOS App Store on your iPhone or from the Google Play store on your Android device.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.