ION Audio BoomBox Deluxe - Frequently Asked Questions
Revel in immersive audio with this retro-style Ion Audio Boombox Deluxe portable stereo speaker. Dual full-range speakers deliver impressive sound reproduction, while Bluetooth® technology, USB playback, an AM FM radio and a built-in cassette player offer vast entertainment options. This Ion Boombox Deluxe portable stereo speaker comes with a long-lasting rechargeable battery for convenience. This guide will answer some of the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's included in the box?
- How loud is the BoomBox Deluxe?
- Is the BoomBox Deluxe battery powered?
- How do I charge the BoomBox Deluxe?
- Can I use my headphones to hear playback?
- What are the audio source options in the BoomBox Deluxe?
- Are there EQ options built-in? Is there a Bass Boost?
- How do I pair the BoomBox Deluxe to my Bluetooth Device?
- What types of cassettes does the BoomBox Deluxe support?
- What are the USB/Micro SD card requirements?
- What is the purpose of the internal microphone?
- What can I do if the AM/FM reception is distorted?
- How can I record my audio source to Tape, USB, or Micro SD?
- Further Technical Assistance
Right out of the box you will receive:
- Boombox Deluxe
- Power Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
The BoomBox Deluxe includes 2x 5" Inch full-range speakers with 28 watts of power!
Absolutely, make sure to charge the BoomBox Deluxe right out of the box for 6 hours before operating. The battery life can last up to 10 hours.
You also have the option of using 6x "D" alkaline batteries.
Note: The BoomBox Deluxe is not a waterproof speaker. Keep in a dry area at all times.
Connect the 2-Prong IEC cable to the power input on the left-hand side of the speaker. Turn On the charging switch located on the back of the speaker to enable charging.
Yes! Connect your headphones to either the 1/4 or 1/8 inch input on the left-hand side of the BoomBox Deluxe.
You have the option of using the USB, Micro SD, AM/FM, Bluetooth, or Cassette as your source of Audio! You can playback your audio source in either Mono, Stereo, or Bass Boost. Adjust the switch at the top of the speaker to your preference.
Yes! On the top left-hand panel of the BoomBox Deluxe, you can adjust the level of the low frequencies (Bass) or the high frequencies (Treble.)
To pair a Bluetooth Device, please follow these steps:
- Adjust the Function switch on Boombox Deluxe to the BT/USB/SD position.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Boombox Deluxe and connect. A voice prompt will be heard saying “Bluetooth pairing” when pairing and “Bluetooth connected” when connected to your Bluetooth device.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button to disconnect from a paired Bluetooth device. A voice prompt will be heard saying “Bluetooth disconnected” when disconnected from the Bluetooth device.
Note: When switching the BoomBox Deluxe to BT mode, it will automatically connect to the last device it was paired to.
Here is the list of supported cassettes:
- Type 1 (normal bias)
- Type 2 (Chrome - high bias)
- Type 3 (FeCr)
- Type 4 (Metal)
Note: After extensive usage, tape heads can acquire oxide build-up, especially if the cassettes are old. To ensure the best performance, use a tape head cleaner periodically.
The BoomBox Deluxe can read a USB/Micro SD up to 32GB that is formatted FAT32, it is compatible with MP3 and WAV files. For more information on how to format your USB/Micro SD card, please visit the link below.
You can use this microphone (Next to the level right meter) to record external audio sources such as speech, live music, nature sounds, beatboxing, etc. to USB, SD, and cassette.
Depending on the location of the BoomBox Deluxe, radio reception will vary. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can take:
- Disconnect the AC power for optimal AM radio reception.
- Relocate the speaker and see if get better reception (outdoors for example.)
- You can also pair your Bluetooth device and use a Radio Application on your phone for better reception.
Please see the link below for a video guide on how to record your music to Tape, USB, or a Micro SD Card:
- ION Audio BoomBox Deluxe - Connecting to Bluetooth and Recording your Music to Tape, USB or Micro SD
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.