ION Audio Explorer Bluetooth® - Frequently Asked Questions
Crank up your music whenever and wherever you want: Explorer Bluetooth is a powerful and flexible all-in-one sound system for iOS devices, MP3 players, microphones, and instruments. Explorer Bluetooth's wireless capability means you can keep your iPad, iPhone, Android or other Bluetooth music device right by your side as you blast your music. This article answers some frequently asked questions about the Explorer Bluetooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pair the Explorer to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Explorer but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- How do I maintain a good Bluetooth connection between my device and the Explorer?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Can I connect a device to the USB ports to send audio?
- Where can I get further technical support for this and other ION products?
- Turn on your Bluetooth device
- Power on the Explorer Bluetooth and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to pair to the amp, press the disconnect button on the amp to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find the Explorer Bluetooth and connect. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- The Bluetooth LED on the Explorer Bluetooth will light up solid when it is paired.
My Bluetooth device sees the Explorer but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the ION SPEAKER and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the Explorer Bluetooth, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
There are a few easy steps you can take that can help reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article to learn more:
A strong Bluetooth connection between your device and the Explorer is required for optimal sound quality, but there are many things that can degrade that connection. If you experience any audio dropouts or interference, you should take note of anything around you that might be causing it. The article linked below lists some common reasons for experiencing Bluetooth interference.
Yes! Check out this handy guide that walks you through replacing the battery in your ION speaker.
The Explorer Bluetooth has a 12v, 5AH, lead acid battery.
The USB port on the Explorer Bluetooth is for charging devices only and does not tranfer audio to or from the speaker.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.