ION Audio Garage Rocker - Frequently Asked Questions
Garage Rocker is the perfect companion for construction sites, home improvement projects, or for when you’re getting your hands dirty in the backyard or workshop. The convenient magnetic tool holder is like a second pair of hands. With an integrated ruler, protractor, drill bit holder/identifier, socket tray and magnetized screw tray. It streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth®-enabled device, so you can play all your favorite music. With its rechargeable battery, Garage Rocker won’t quit before the end of the shift! This article answers popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Audio Garage Rocker.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the box?
- What makes the Garage Rocker unique compared to other ION Audio speakers?
- Is the ION Audio Garage Rocker water-resistant?
- How long should I charge the battery? How long does the charge last?
- What is Bass Boost? How would I know when it is activated?
- What is NFC and how do I use it?
- I see there is a USB port on the Garage Rocker. What is this port used for?
- How far does the Bluetooth connection reach?
- I'm using the microphone but can't hear myself over the music. How can I hear myself better?
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
- 1/8” (3.5 mm) Stereo Aux Cable
- Power/Charging Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Note: Tools are not included
- The Magentic Tools Holder - Keeps your workspace organized and tools readily available. As shown below, it will hold different types of tools on the side of the speaker.
- The Tray Holder - Designed with an integrated ruler (inches/cm) and even a protractor. The tray features different pocket sizes for holding drill bits and sockets, as well as a magnetized screw tray to keep those extra screws in order.
- Buttons and Knobs- The larger rubberized buttons and knob controls are easy to use even while wearing gloves.
The ION Audio Garage Rocker is IPX5 water-resistant. Meaning it will endure water projected by a nozzle (6.3 mm) against enclosure from any direction shall have no harmful effects.
The battery takes 10 hours to fully charge. A fully charged Garage Rocker battery will last up to 50 hours at a reasonably loud indoor listening volume level. Battery life may vary based on battery temperature, age and on volume settings.
The Bass Boost will enhance the overall bass frequency response from your Garage Rocker when the button is pressed. On the display screen, it will show "BASS BOOST" when it is activated.
NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check the documentation for your mobile device to see if it is NFC-enabled.
To use NFC to pair with Garage Rocker:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on Garage Rocker.
- Touch and briefly hold your device to the NFC logo.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- To unpair, gently bump your device against the NFC logo located on Garage Rocker's top panel.
The conveniently placed USB port will allow you to charge your device while the speaker is powered in, and even while running on battery power and playing music from any source.
The range of Bluetooth connection of a Garage Rocker is up to 100 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around and there are no obstructions between the audio source and the Garage Rocker. For the best results, avoid keeping the transmitting audio device (i.e. phone or tablet) in a pocket or covered in any way. Results may vary depending on the quality of the audio device and it's Bluetooth chipset.
Garage Rocker's master volume controls the speaker's main mix volume, which includes your music AND the microphone. If you're experiencing difficulty hearing the microphone signal over your music, try turning the music down from your source device (e.g. your phone or tablet).
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.