ION Audio Glow Stone Solar: Frequently Asked Questions
Say goodbye to the boring backyard! Glow Stone Solar is a great-sounding outdoor speaker with a long-lasting rechargeable battery, so you don’t need a power cord to fire it up. It streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth®-enabled device, plus it has a 1/8-inch Aux input for non-Bluetooth gear. With a robust 5-inch speaker and 12 watts of dynamic power, your music sounds vibrant and lifelike. This guide will highlight some of the best features on the new ION Audio Glow Stone Solar.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's included in the box?
- How loud is the Glow Stone Solar?
- Is the Glow Stone Solar waterproof?
- Is the Glow Stone Solar battery powered?
- How do I charge the Glow Stone Solar with the Solar Panel?
- How do I pair my Glow Stone Solar to my Bluetooth device?
- How do I cycle through the Color Modes?
- Can I pair two Glow Strone Solar’s together?
- The Audio output is distorted. What is happening and how can I fix this?
- Where can I find further technical assistance?
- (1) Glow Stone Solar
- (1) USB Power Adapter
- (2) Micro-USB Cable
- (2) 1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Auxiliary Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Note: You can also purchase the ION Audio Glow Stone Speakers in pairs. Please see our dealers page for purchasing options.
The ION Glow Stone Solar includes a 15-Watt 5-inch full-range speaker and powerful onboard amplifier.
The ION Glow Stone Solar has an IPX4 water resistance rating. Though the speaker is water-resistant and able to tolerate splashing water, please review the tips below to get the best performance from the Glow Stone Solar:
- Bring the Glow Stone Solar indoors during extreme cold, heavy rain, or melting snow.
- Please do not place Glow Stone Solar in standing water.
- Please do not connect the charging adapter to Glow Stone Solar in a wet environment.
Note: The Glow Stone Solar is not meant to be submerged underwater.
Absolutely! The fastest way to charge the speaker is by powering it off and using the included micro-USB cable to connect to a:
- USB power adapter (DC 5V; sold separately) and connect to a power outlet.
- Your computers USB port. (Computer must be powered on.)
The time required for a full charge is 5 hours. Once the Glow Stone Solar is fully charged, you will have an 8 - 10-hour battery life.
The Glow Stone Solar's battery life can be prolonged between charges by using the solar panel. For best results, place the Glow Stone Solar in an area that receives at least 3 hours of direct sunlight a day. The rate of charging depends on the amount of sunlight the solar panel receives. The unit will charge slower when receiving indirect sunlight.
Please follow these steps to connect your Bluetooth Device:
- Power on the Glow Stone Solar by holding down the Power button for 2 seconds. The Glow Stone Solar will automatically enter Bluetooth pairing mode indicated by the Bluetooth LED flashing blue.
- Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth setup screen, find Glow Stone Solar, and connect. When connected, the Bluetooth LED will be lit solid blue and you will hear “Connected”.
- To disconnect, turn off Bluetooth from your device’s Bluetooth settings.
Note: If you experience trouble in connecting to the Glow Stone Solar, select “Forget this Device” on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again.
Short press and release the Power button to cycle through colors (white/red/blue/green). Each color has a solid-state and an active state.
When active, the LED will slowly fade in and out, and if music is playing, the LED will flash to the beat of the music.
Of course! Please follow these steps to wirelessly link your two Glow Stone Speakers:
- With the 1st “master” speaker powered off, press and hold the Power button for 6 seconds until you hear two short tones. The speaker will power on and enter stereo-linking mode. The Glow Stone Solars should be within 32’ (10 m) of each other to properly link
- Press and hold the Power button for 2 seconds to power on the 2nd “slave” speaker. The two speakers will automatically link together. A successful link will be indicated by a solid green LED on the “master” speaker, a solid red LED on the “slave” speaker, and you will hear “Connected” from the “slave” speaker.
- On your Bluetooth device, navigate to your Bluetooth settings menu, find "Glow Stone Solar", and connect. Once connected, you will hear "Connected" from the “master” speaker.
Note: The 1st speaker will be the “master” speaker, and play the Left channel. The 2nd speaker will be the “slave” speaker and play the right channel. The Bluetooth range will be determined by the distance that your Bluetooth device is to the “master” speaker.
Note: Aux input from the 1st speaker will not feed to the 2nd Speaker when stereo-linked.
You could be experiencing audio distortion due to a couple of reasons. Here are some helpful steps:
- Make sure that the device you have connected via Bluetooth has its volume set to 80% and then raise the volume on the speaker to your preference. Maximizing the volume on the device could cause distortion on the overall output.
- Try using a different device (for testing purposes) to see if you get the same behavior. We want to make sure it's not the Bluetooth chip on the device that is faulty.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.