ION Audio Party Boom - Frequently Asked Questions
Take big fun with you wherever you go. Party Boom has everything you need to transform any get-together into a never-to-be-forgotten party! With its powerful 8-inch 2-way speaker backed by a 100-watt dynamic amplifier, the sound is rich, vibrant and lifelike. Stream music wirelessly from any Bluetooth® device. This article answers your frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Party Boom.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I link two Party Booms together?
- How many light modes does the Party Boom have?
- What is Bass Boost? How would I know when it is activated?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix it?
- How far does the Bluetooth connection reach?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Party Boom, but will not connect to it. How do I get it to pair?
- What is NFC and how do I use it?
- I see there is a USB port on the Party Boom. What is this port used for?
- How long should I charge the battery? How long does the charge last?
- I get feedback when I use a microphone. How can I prevent this?
- How powerful is the speaker?
- Further Technical Support
Please note that only two Party Booms can be linked together. This feature is not compatible with other ION speakers.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause/Link button on both speakers to enter Stereo Link mode. A tone will be heard and the word LINK will blink when in the process of linking to the second speaker. Once a link has been established, the word LINK will be lit solid.*
- Press and release the Bluetooth button on either speaker to start the pairing process. The speaker assigned as master (with the Bluetooth icon illuminated) will play the Left channel audio.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Party Boom and connect.
- To disconnect/cancel linking between the two speakers, press and hold the Play/Pause/Link button.
Note*: The linking process can take up to a minute to complete. The closer the two speakers are to each other, the quicker the linking process occurs.
The Party Boom features the following 3 light modes.
- Color Cycle (non-reactive to music)
- Beat Sync (reactive to music)
- Off: The lights turn off.
Bass boost will enhance the overall bass frequency response from your Party Boom when the button is pressed. On the display screen it will show "BASS BOOST" when it is activated.
If the sound from your Party Boom is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound source - such as your iPod or iPhone. Also, try reducing the overall volume of the Party Boom.
If you continue to experience sound issues after following the suggested steps above, you may want to contract ION Tech Support.
The range of Bluetooth connection of a Party Boom is up to 100 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around and there are no obstructions between the audio source and the Party Boom. The transmitting audio device (i.e. phone or tablet) should not be emitting a signal from a pocket, or be covered in any way in order to achieve the best results. The range can also be affected by the Bluetooth chipset in the audio source as well.
In your device’s Bluetooth settings, select the Party Boom and choose “Forget Device”. After your device “forgets” the Party Boom, it should be able to reconnect. Check out this section of our video for a walkthrough on this and other troubleshooting steps.
NFC (near-field communication) allows data exchange from devices, such as pairing, by gently bumping them together. Check the documentation for your mobile device to see if it is NFC-enabled.
To use NFC to pair with Party Boom:
- In order to use NFC, your device must be turned on and unlocked.
- Enter your device’s Settings menu and check that NFC is turned On (one time step).
- Power on Party Boom.
- Touch and briefly hold your device to the NFC logo.
- Follow the pairing instructions that appear on your phone. If a passcode is required, enter “0000”.
- To unpair, gently bump your device against the NFC logo located on Party Boom's top panel.
We placed a convenient USB port to charge your device while you play music using Bluetooth, auxiliary, or radio.
The battery takes 6-8 hours to fully charge. A fully charged Party Boom battery will last up to 50 hours at a reasonably loud indoor listening volume level. Battery life may vary based on battery temperature, age and on volume settings.
There are a few easy steps you can take to reduce the likelihood of feedback. Check out the following article.
The Party Boom speaker has 100 watts of dynamic power.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.