ION Audio Pro Glow 10 - Frequently Asked Questions
Pro Glow 10 delivers real quality sound, not some weak imitation. This is a superb PA system that has everything you need in powerful sound, versatile and complete hookup/connection capability, convenient ease of use and set-up versatility. This guide will answer popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Audio Pro Glow 10.
- What is included in the box?
- Can I play music through the USB port?
- How do I use Bluetooth to connect to the Pro Glow 10?
- My Bluetooth device won't connect. What should I do?
- What is Easy-Pairing, or NFC, and how do I use it?
- Is my device Easy Pair capable?
- What light modes are available on the Pro Glow 10?
- I'm experiencing poor FM reception. How can I improve it?
- My audio doesn't sound right or sounds distorted. What do I do?
- There is a high-pitched whistling noise when using a microphone. What do I do?
- I can't hear the microphone over the volume of the music. What do I do?
- Further Technical Support
- Pro Glow 10
- Microphone with Cable
- Remote Control
- Power Cable (IEC)
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety Instructions & Warranty Information Booklet
Yes! The Pro Glow 10 features a USB port that can be used for connecting a USB flash drive and playing music. To be compatible, a USB flash drive should be formatted to FAT32. Playback supports MP3, WAV, and WMA files.
Follow these steps below to pair your Bluetooth device to the Pro Glow 10:
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Power on Pro Glow 10
- Use the Mode button to select Bluetooth mode, which appears as "bt" in the display. Pro Glow 10 will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices. You will know you are in pairing mode when the Bluetooth icon is flashing.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen, find PRO GLOW 10, and connect. The Bluetooth icon will remain solidly lit.
Note: Users should consider updating their device's OS if experiencing trouble with pairing or playing music.
- To disconnect pairing, turn off Bluetooth on your device or select Forget this device from your device.
We've put together a handy guide to help you if you're having difficulty pairing your Bluetooth device to Pro Glow Duo. Visit our article, Bluetooth Pairing - Tips and Troubleshooting, for some helpful tips and tricks.
Easy-Pair is a form of NFC tap pairing, otherwise known as 'bump pairing'. NFC stands for Near-field Communication and is the power behind the technology used in the ION Audio Pro Glow 10. For more information on what Near-field Communication is can be found here and here.
Please refer to your device manufacturer or to determine if your device is NFC-capable. This is usually available directly on the manufacturer's website, however, here are a couple of third-party links that may help to determine if your device has this functionality:
- Color Cycle: The lights slowly glow and cycle through colors. Press and hold the light mode button to freeze the lights on one color. This is the default mode when Pro Glow 10 is first powered on.
- Beat Sync: The lights react to the beat of the music.
- Off: The lights turn off.
If you're experiencing poor FM radio reception, unplug the Pro Glow from the wall. Running off battery power typically increases clarity of FM signals.
If the sound of your Pro Glow speakers is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound sources - such as your iPod, iPhone, or Android device. About 75% volume will you give you the best signal quality.
If you continue to experience sound issues after following the steps suggested above, you may want to contact ION Technical Support.
This is probably feedback. Be sure to point the microphone away from the speaker, or stand behind the speaker with the mic.
This is likely caused by the audio source. Turn down the volume on the audio source itself and you should be able to hear the microphone just fine.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experience ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.