ION Audio Retro Rocker - Frequently Asked Questions
The ION Audio Retro Rocker Portable Boombox brings the past back into the future with its multi-platform listening capabilities. This full-range speaker includes a high quality cassette player that also allows you to record onto cassette tape. It also integrates todays' listening technology with USB and SD playback, as well as Bluetooth® technology that allows you to play music off any Bluetooth enabled device. This guide will answer some of the most commonly asked questions about the ION Audio Retro Rocker.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What's included in the box?
- Is the Retro Rocker battery powered?
- Can I use my headphones to hear playback?
- What are the audio source options in the Retro Rocker?
- Are there EQ options built-in?
- How do I pair the Retro Rocker to my Bluetooth Device?
- What types of cassettes does the Retro Rocker support?
- Does the Retro Rocker have ShortWave radio?
- What are the USB/SD Card requirements?
- What is the purpose of the internal microphone?
- What can I do if the AM/FM reception is distorted?
- How can I record my audio source to USB/SD Card/Cassette?
- Further Technical Assistance
Right out of the box you will receive:
- Retro Rocker
- Power Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Absolutely! Insert 4 x new “D” size alkaline batteries (not included) to power the unit when not using AC power.
Yes! Connect your headphones to either the 1/4 or 1/8 inch input on the right-hand side of the Retro Rocker.
You have the option of using the USB, SD Card, AM/FM/SW1/SW2, Bluetooth, or Cassette as your source of Audio! Adjust the switch at the top of the speaker to your preference.
Yes! On the top right-hand panel of the Retro Rocker, you can adjust the level of the low frequencies (Bass) or the high frequencies (Treble.)
To pair a Bluetooth Device, please follow these steps:
- Adjust the Function switch on Retro Rocker to the BT/USB/SD position. Note: If an SD card and/or a USB flash drive is inserted, remove these in order to pair to a Bluetooth device. The Retro Rocker will always default to the USB drive as an audio source if it's plugged in.
- Turn on your Bluetooth device.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Retro Rocker and connect. A voice prompt will be heard saying “Bluetooth pairing” when pairing and “Bluetooth connected” when connected to your Bluetooth device. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter “0000”.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button to disconnect from a paired Bluetooth device. A voice prompt will be heard saying “Bluetooth disconnected” when disconnected from the Bluetooth device.
Here is the list of supported cassettes:
- Type 1 (normal bias)
- Type 2 (Chrome - high bias)
- Type 3 (FeCr)
- Type 4 (Metal)
Yes! For shortwave radio, in general, lower frequencies (SW1 set below 9 MHz) are better received at night and for a few hours surrounding dawn and dusk, and higher frequencies (SW2 at 13 MHz and up) are better received during the day.
The Retro Rocker can read a USB/SD Card up to 32GB that is formatted FAT32, it is compatible with MP3 and WAV files. For more information on how to format your USB/Micro SD card, please visit the link below.
You can use this microphone (Next to the level right meter) to record external audio sources such as speech, live music, nature sounds, beatboxing, etc. to USB, SD, and cassette.
Depending on the location of the Retro Rocker, radio reception will vary. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can take:
- Disconnect the AC power for optimal AM radio reception.
- Relocate the speaker and see if get better reception (outdoors for example.)
- You can also pair your Bluetooth device and use a Radio Application on your phone for better reception.
Please see the link below for a video guide on how to record your music to Tape, USB, or an SD Card:
- ION Audio Retro Rocker - Connecting to Bluetooth and Recording your Music to Tape, USB or SD Card
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.