ION Audio Solar Stone - Frequently Asked Questions
The ION Audio Solar Stone is the perfect way to enjoy music outside in your garden, pool, or just sitting outside enjoying some fresh air. You can stream music from any Bluetooth® music player, including iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Android devices. This article walks through some frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Solar Stone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the ION Audio Solar Stone battery powered?
- Can the the ION Audio Solar Stone play music wirelessly?
- Is the Solar Stone waterproof?
- How do you connect this speaker to a Bluetooth device?
- How far does the Bluetooth connection go?
- Can I pair two Solar Stones?
- How many hours does a full charge provide?
- How long does it take to fully charge the Solar Stone?
- How loud is the Solar Stone?
- Can the Voice function be disabled?
- How do I completely reset this unit?
- The sound is coming out distorted. What is happening and how can I fix this?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?
The ION Audio Solar Stone has an internal, rechargeable battery. It comes with a wall charging adapter and also has a solar panel located on the top for continuous charging on sunny days: please note that the charging adapter is not water-resistant. While charging, the charging light will show red. When the unit is fully charged, the red charging light will go out.
Yes! The Solar Stone connects to all Bluetooth enabled devices, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
Yes! It is IPX4 waterproof so you can leave it out in the rain.
- Power on Solar Stone by holding down the power button. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- Press the Bluetooth Connect button briefly to enter Connecting Mode - the Bluetooth LED will blink fast, and you will hear “Pairing” to indicate this.
- Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth setup screen, find Solar Stone, and connect. The Bluetooth LED will light up solid when it is connected and you will hear “Pairing successful, connected” for confirmation.
Note: If you experience trouble in connecting, select Forget this Device on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again. Also, the Solar Stone will automatically turn off in 30 minutes if no audio is playing.
The bluetooth range is up to 100’ between Solar Stone and Bluetooth source. It goes up to 30’ between two Solar Stones (2nd Solar Stone sold separately).
You can pair two Solar Stones together to create a stereo pair. To do this:
- Power on each Solar Stone by holding down their power buttons. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- Press the Link button on each Solar Stone. The speakers will search for each other while playing an intermittent tone.
Once the stereo pair is successfully linked, you will hear “Pairing successful, connected”, followed by “Left channel” and “Right channel” on the respective speakers.
This process may take up to 2 minutes the first time two speakers are linked. Speakers that were previously linked will re-link automatically in a few seconds if powered on in range of one another.
Note: Solar Stones should be within 30 ft. (9 m) of each other to Link properly.
The ION Audio Solar Stone has a 48-hour rechargeable battery that provides long-lasting, uninterrupted music. A full charge could last much longer if the the Solar Stone continues to get a consistent charge from the sun as well.
The speaker will charge in about 6 hours by the AC adapter or in about 55 hours by the solar panel.
The Solar Stone has a peak of 20W, a 6.5" full-range speaker, and a powerful on-board amplifier to help pump up the volume.
To disable the Voice function, press and release the Bluetooth and Link button simultaneously.
If necessary, you can reset the unit. Shut it down by placing a paperclip into the Reset hole located on the bottom of Solar Stone, and gently push until the unit turns off. Try this only after you have first attempted to reboot Solar Stone using the power button.
If the sound from your Rock Speaker is coming out distorted, try lowering the volume control of your sound source - such as your iPod, iPhone, or Android device. If you continue to experience sound issues after following the steps suggested above, you may want to contact ION Technical Support.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.