ION Audio Sound Shine - Frequently Asked Questions
Sound Shine is an innovative light and wireless sound system from ION that turns any standard light bulb socket into a powerful wireless speaker. It’s a simple way to bring music and light to any room in your house. This article answers some frequently asked questions about the ION Audio Sound Shine.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I pair my Bluetooth device to two Sound Shines?
- How do I pair my Bluetooth device to just one Sound Shine?
- My Bluetooth device sees Sound Shine but will not connect. How can I fix this?
- Can I plug Sound Shine into a light socket that is controlled by a dimmer?
- How bright is Sound Shine?
- Can I use Sound Shine with any normal light socket?
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
- Power on your Bluetooth device.
- Connect the two Sound Shines to your light sockets.
- If the lights will be used near each other, set the L MONO R switch on one Sound Shine to L (Left) and set the other Sound Shine to R (Right) for stereo playback. NOTE: The L MONO R switches need to be set before powering on Sound Shine.
- Power the Sound Shines on by turning on your light panel switches. You will hear a repeating "beep" during the linking process. The "beep" will stop once the two Sound Shines are fully linked. Sound Shine Pair should now be available to connect your Bluetooth device to. For the best results, wait for the two Sound Shines to be fully linked before attempting to connect your Bluetooth device.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen, find Sound Shine Pair, and connect.
- When a connection has been made, music will start playing from all installed Sound Shine bulbs (provided that they are plugged in, and are on the same rail of the circuit breaker box/electrical panel as the first connected Master Bluetooth bulb). NOTE: If you would like to use only one Sound Shine after you've linked two, remember to set the L MONO M switch on the desired Sound Shine to MONO before powering on.
- Power on your Bluetooth device.
- Connect Sound Shine to your light socket.
- Before powering on Sound Shine, set the L MONO R switch to MONO.
- Power on Sound Shine by turning on your light panel switch. Sound Shine will then enter pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device's setup screen, find Sound Shine, and Connect.
- When a connection has been made, music that is played from your Bluetooth device will be heard through Sound Shine. NOTE: If you would like to disconnect one Bluetooth from Sound Shine so that you can connect another; disconnect the first device, power off Sound Shine, power on Sound Shine, and connect the new Bluetooth device.
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select Sound Shine or Sound Shine Pair and choose Forget Device. Power Sound Shine OFF and then ON again and follow the appropriate pairing instructions above depending on whether you are using one or two Sound Shines. You should now be able to connect.
If your light switch has a dimmer installed, you must leave it open on its brightest setting in order for Sound Shine to function properly. Sound Shine is not a typical light bulb and requires the full power of your light socket to power its illumination, speaker, and Bluetooth connection.
Sound Shine is an LED bulb type, rated at 320 lumens (equivalent to 60 watts).
Sound Shine will fit in any standard E26 Medium Screw light socket. This is the standard size for most lighting fixtures in the United States.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.