ION Audio Sport Express - Frequently Asked Questions
The Ion Audio Sport Express is a rugged, water-resistant, portable Bluetooth speaker that is great for any occasion. The Sport Express delivers high-quality and far-reaching audio with a 4-inch woofer and wide-dispersion tweeter. This guide answers some popular questions about the features and functionality of the ION Audio Sport Express.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Sport Express water-resistant? What does that mean?
- How loud is the Sport Express?
- Can I play music through the USB port?
- Can I use a microphone with the Sport Express?
- How long should I charge the battery and how long does a full charge last?
- Does the Sport Express need to be fully charged before use?
- How far does the Bluetooth connection reach?
- The sound is coming out distorted while using Bluetooth. What is happening and how can I fix it?
- Is the battery user replaceable?
- How to determine if a new battery is needed?
- I’m unable to connect my Bluetooth device. What should I do?
- Further Technical Support
The Ion Audio Sport Express is IPX4 grade water resistant. This means the Sport Express can resist some light rain or a splash at the side of the pool, but should not be left out in the rain for long periods of time or submerged underwater.
The Sport Express comes with a 20-watt dynamic power amplifier and a 2-way speaker system that is ideal for listening around a pool, campfire, or other small gatherings.
The USB port on the Sport Express is only used for charging your phone or device. However, you can play music straight from your phone or another device by using the Aux input or wirelessly through Bluetooth or NFC.
Yes, the Sport Express comes equipped with a 1/4" microphone input that is compatible with virtually any 3rd party dynamic microphone with a 1/4" jack.
The battery will take about 6-7 hours to charge in full and should last about 30 hours on a full charge when used at a moderate listening level. Battery life may vary based on battery temperature, age, and the volume usage of the speaker.
Yes, we recommend to fully charge the battery before and after using the product and to avoid leaving the battery for long periods of time with low or no charge. Keeping the battery charged will help it stay charged for longer and improve its lifespan overall. It is safe to leave the Sport Express plugged in and charging when not in use.
The range of the Bluetooth connection of a Sport Express is up to about100 feet - as long as the transmitting audio source is not moving around and there are no obstructions between the audio source and the Sport Express. In order to achieve the best results, the transmitting audio device (i.e. phone or tablet) should not be emitting a signal from a pocket, or be covered in any way. The range can also be affected by the quality of the Bluetooth chipset in the audio source.
If the sound from your Sport Express is distorting, try lowering the volume control of your sound source (i.e. phone or tablet). You may also want to try reducing the overall volume of the Sport Express.
If you continue to experience sound issues after following the suggested steps above, you may want to contact ION Audio Tech Support for further assistance.
The Sport Express contains a sealed lead-acid battery that can easily be replaced if necessary.
If you are experiencing low or no charge from your Sport Express battery, visit our battery replacement page to request a replacement battery and directions to replace it:
There are a few key signs that will help you determine if a new battery is needed. After charging for 8 hours or more, disconnect the Sport Express from the wall and check the following:
- The Sport Express powers on correctly when connected to an outlet, but will power off when disconnected.
- The battery indicator will never display fully charged despite charging for 8 hours or more.
- The Sport Express will power off within 10-15 minutes, despite having a fully charged battery.
If you experience any of these signs, visit our battery replacement page to request a replacement battery and directions to replace it:
This could indicate one of three states:
- The Sport Express is not in pairing mode.
- The Sport Express is actively trying to connect with the last paired device.
- The Sport Express is already connected to another device.
The Sport Express will automatically attempt to pair with the last paired device each time it is powered on. If this is not the device you are attempting to connect to, press the Bluetooth button on the Sport Express for about 5 seconds and the Sport Express will enter pairing mode. You should now be able to connect your device.
If you continue to have trouble, visit our Bluetooth Tips & Tricks guide below for more troubleshooting:
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.