ION Audio Tailgater Active - Frequently Asked Questions
Tailgater Active comes ready to stream music wirelessly from any Bluetooth music player or phone, and its built-in battery will keep the music going for up to 50 hours. Need a power outlet? Tailgater Active has you covered with two extra outlets built in*, so you can recharge your phone or power other electronics. Bluetooth is built in, providing up to 100 feet of wireless freedom from smartphones or tablets. This guide answers some of the most frequently asked questions about the Tailgater Active.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What colors are available for the Tailgater Active?
- How do I pair the Tailgater Active to my Bluetooth device?
- My Bluetooth device sees the Tailgater Active but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- Can I replace the battery myself?
- What are the battery specifications?
- How do I maintain a good Bluetooth connection between my device and the Tailgater?
- How do I use the AC power outlets on the back of the Tailgater Active?
- Where can I get further technical support for this and other ION products?
The Tailgater Active is available in three colors: Black, Camo, and Blue
- Turn on your Bluetooth device
- Power on the Tailgater Active and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices.
- If your Bluetooth device is not able to pair to the amp, press the disconnect button on the amp to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth module.
- Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find the Tailgater Active and connect. Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter ‘0000’.
- The Bluetooth LED on the Tailgater Bluetooth will light up solid when it is paired.
My Bluetooth device sees the Tailgater Active but is unable to connect to it. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the ION SPEAKER and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the Tailgater Bluetooth, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should be able to pair your device.
Yes! Check out this handy guide that walks you through replacing the battery in your ION speaker.
The Tailgater Active has a 12v, 5AH, lead acid battery.
A strong Bluetooth connection between your device and the Tailgateris required for optimal sound quality, but there are many things that can degrade that connection. If you experience any audio dropouts or interference, you should take note of anything around you that might be causing it. The article linked below lists some common reasons for experiencing Bluetooth interference.
The 2 AC power outlets can be used to power lights, tools, or anything else with a standard power plug. These outlets will only function when your Tailgater Active is plugged in and powered on itself. The AC outlets will not work if the Tailgater Active is running off of battery power.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.