ION Audio Tough Sounds 2 - Frequently Asked Questions
If you love music, you owe it to yourself to protect your hearing. Tough Sounds™ 2 protects your ears while you enjoy streaming music or your favorite radio stations—on the job or off. You can stream music wirelessly from any Bluetooth®-enabled device or talk on your smartphone with the built-in microphone. This guide answers your most popular questions regarding the ION Audio Tough Sounds 2.
- What is included?
- What are the dimensions and weight of the Tough Sounds 2?
- How do I connect my Bluetooth device to the Tough Sounds 2?
- My Bluetooth device won't connect. What should I do?
- How long will it take my Tough Sounds 2 to fully charge?
- How long will a full charge on the battery last?
- What can I do to prolong my battery life?
- Should I power my Tough Sounds 2 OFF while charging?
- What is the Noise Reduction Rating (NRR)?
- How do I enter and use Radio Mode?
- How do I set the time?
- Further Technical Support
- Tough Sounds 2
- Micro USB Charging Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Warranty and Safety Information Booklet
The Tough Sounds 2 are 3.74 x 7.09 x 4.92” (WxDxH) / 95 x 180 x 125 mm, and weigh approximately 0.9 lbs / 0.4 kg.
- Tap the Power/Source button to toggle between AM/FM/BT modes.
- Select ---- (blinking) to activate the Bluetooth mode and begin pairing.
- In your Bluetooth device settings, find Tough Sounds 2 and connect.
- Once paired, the Bluetooth logo will change from to .
We've put together a handy guide to help you if you're having difficulty pairing your Bluetooth device to the Tough Sounds 2. Visit our article, Bluetooth Pairing - Tips and Troubleshooting, for some helpful tips and tricks.
The Tough Sounds 2 will take approximately 2 hours to fully charge, and the LED will go out when they are fully charged.
The Tough Sounds 2 will last approximately 20+ hours on a full charge.
- Ensure your Tough Sounds 2 are fully charged before use.
- Charge your Tough Sounds 2 after using them.
- Ensure your Tough Sounds 2 are being used at room temperature.
- Avoid fully discharging the battery. It is better to partially discharge the battery as opposed to fully discharging it.
Yes. We recommend powering OFF the Tough Sounds for the most effective charge. To fully power OFF, press and hold the Power/Source button for 2 seconds. Once powered off and charging, the display will show the current time and the battery icon flashing to indicate charging. Above the USB port, the battery indicator light will illuminate while charging and go out once the headphones have been fully charged.
The ION Audio Tough Sounds 2 have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 27dB.
- Tap the Power/Source button to toggle AM/FM/BT and set to AM or FM to listen to the radio.
- Tap the Up or Down buttons until you reach your desired station.
- To seek through stations, press and hold the Up or Down button for 2 seconds, then release the button when seeking starts. Seek will stop on clear radio stations.
- To save a preset station, hold the Play/Pause button. Release Play/Pause when M and the preset station number are flashing.
- Tap Up or Down button to save the station to your desired position.
- Tap the Play/Pause button to confirm your preset number setting.
- Press and hold the Power/Source button for 2 seconds to power off Tough Sounds.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button for 2 seconds to enter editing mode. The colon will stop blinking, and the hour digits will begin blinking, indicating you are in editing mode.
- Press the Tune/Track Up and Down buttons to adjust the selected time.
- To move to the next setting, press the Play/Pause button.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 to adjust the minutes and AM/PM settings.
- Press the Play/Pause button to exit editing mode.
Note: If AM or PM is displayed, then you are in 12 Hour time. If AM or PM is not displayed, then you are in 24 Hour time.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION Audio product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experience ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.