ION Audio Tough Sounds - Frequently Asked Questions
Tough Sounds headphones make working with power tools fun and they protect your hearing. Your hearing is protected from the hostile roar of lawnmowers, weed wackers, and any other loud equipment. Plus, you can listen to your favorite music while you work and even answer phone calls using the built-in mic. This guide answers some frequently asked questions about the ION Tough Sounds.
Frequently Asked Questions
- The Tough Sounds have a NRR of 25dB. What does that mean?
- How do I pair Tough Sounds to my Bluetooth® device?
- My Bluetooth device sees Tough Sounds but is unable to connect to them. How do I get my device to re-connect?
- How do I tell which earphone is for my left/right ear?
- How long does the battery last? How long do my Tough Sounds need to charge?
- How do I tell that my Tough Sounds are done charging?
- The LCD screen is working but none of the buttons do anything when I press them. Are my Tough Sounds broken?
- Where can I find further technical support for this and other ION products?
NRR stands for Noise Reduction Rating. Tough Sounds effectively reduces outside noise and protects your ears from hazardous sound levels. For more information on Noise Reduction Ratings, visit this link.
The SRC button toggles between AM, FM, and Bluetooth playback modes. To pair your Bluetooth device -
- Select ---- (blinking) to activate Bluetooth mode and begin pairing.
- In your Bluetooth device settings, find Tough Sounds and connect.
- Once paired, the Bluetooth logo on the LCD screen will change to indicate that you are paired to your device.
- If you're having trouble with your Bluetooth connection, press and hold the SRC button for 2 seconds to reset the current Bluetooth connection (this is disabled during a phone call).
My Bluetooth device sees Tough Sounds but is unable to connect to them. How do I get my device to re-connect?
In your device's Bluetooth settings, select the ION SPEAKER and choose "Forget Device". On the front of the Explorer Bluetooth M2, press the Disconnect button. After turning the unit off and on again you should once again be able to pair your device.
The LCD screen and controls are located on the RIGHT earphone.
Your Tough Sounds' battery should last approximately 20 hours on a 2 hour charge. If your Tough Sounds' battery is low you will notice the battery indicator flashing on the LCD screen.
The battery indicator light on Tough Sounds will illuminate while charging and go out once the headphones have been fully charged.
The LCD screen is working but none of the buttons do anything when I press them. Are my Tough Sounds broken?
Some settings, such as time, can be adjusted while Tough Sounds are turned off. In order to get any sort of output from Tough Sounds you must power them on by turning the volume knob until it clicks.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.