ION Audio Wave Rider: Frequently Asked Questions
There shouldn’t be any limit to how much fun you can have in your own backyard. Enjoying the pool is certainly tons of fun, but Wave Rider takes it up to the next level. Here is a totally waterproof boombox that floats upright, ensuring you’ll always have your music right with you in the pool, even while you’re bobbing around on your big green dinosaur floaty. In this guide, we will go over some of the basic questions you may have about the new ION Audio Wave Rider.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is included in the box?
- What are the dimensions of the Wave Rider?
- What is the water resistance rating on the Wave Rider?
- How many watts does the Wave Rider have?
- How do I pair the Wave Rider to my Bluetooth device?
- How do I save my radio presets on the Wave Rider?
- How do I change the color modes of the Wave Rider?
- What are the battery specifications?
- Can I link more than one Wave Rider together?
- Can I answer phone calls via Bluetooth with the Wave Rider?
- How can I activate Siri or Google assistant with the Wave Rider?
- Where can I find further technical support?
The ION Wave Rider includes the following :
- Wave Rider
- Micro-USB Cable
- 1/8" (3.5 mm) Stereo Aux Cable
- Quickstart Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
The Wave Rider Dimensions are (depth x width x height) 3.0” x 9.5” x 8.85” 76.2 x 241 x 224 mm
The Wave Rider is IP67 level water-resistant. Meaning the unit can be dropped into a body of water up to a meter deep for half an hour. It is also dust and sand proof.
- Cover the Aux In and the micro-USB port with the cap in the locked position when using Wave Rider in water.
- Make sure Wave Rider and its connections are dry before charging. Never charge when wet.
For more information on the water resistance ratings, follow the link below:
The Wave Rider has 26 watts of dynamic power to energize your music, there are 2-inch full-range speakers that deliver lifelike sound!
To pair a Bluetooth device:
1. Turn on your Bluetooth device.
2. Power on Wave Rider and it will automatically go into pairing mode to search for Bluetooth devices, You will know you are in pairing mode when the Bluetooth LED is slowly flashing. The buttons might need a small amount of force right out of the box since the speaker is fully sealed for waterproof protection.
3. Navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Wave Rider and connect.
Note: If your Bluetooth device prompts for a pairing code, enter 0000. To disconnect a Bluetooth device:
1. Press and release the Bluetooth button to disconnect a paired Bluetooth device.
2. To connect to another Bluetooth device, repeat step 3 above.
Saving a Preset:
1. Press the FM button to choose FM Radio. The Bluetooth/FM LED will illuminate solid green.
2. Press and release these buttons </ > to select an FM radio station that you want to save as a preset. A voice prompt will be heard identifying the selected station.
3. Press and hold the FM button for 3 seconds to enter Preset Creation mode. This is important, otherwise holding down the <.> buttons will not save your stations.
4. Press and release the </ > buttons to select from one of the 6 preset locations. For each button press of < or >, the unit will say the active preset number (for example, “two”). Once the desired save location is reached, press and release the FM button to save the station preset. The Bluetooth/FM LED will show 4 quick green flashes to confirm a preset is saved and then exit Preset Save mode and return to FM mode.
Selecting a Preset:
To select from the 6 Preset stations, press and release Play/Pause in FM radio mode. The tuner will jump to the next preset location and say the name of the preset location (for example, “three”), and resume playing the FM station audio.
Note: When audio tones are playing, the FM signal will be temporarily muted.
Press the Light Bulb button to cycle through the different color modes.
• Color Cycle: The lights slowly glow and cycle through colors. Press and hold the light mode button to freeze the lights on one color.
• Red/White/Blue: The lights all glow red for one second, followed by white then blue.
• Beat Sync: The lights react to the beat of the music.
• Off: The lights turn off. This is the default mode when Wave Rider is first powered on
When charged fully, the Wave Rider has an incredible battery-life of around 50 hours when used at a low or moderate volume level. Battery life may vary based on temperature, age, and volume usage of the speaker.
Yes! The Wave Rider can be wirelessly linked to a second Wave Rider (Sold Separately) so you can playback a Bluetooth source in Stereo. Only one Bluetooth source can be wirelessly streamed between the two speakers.
1. Power on both Wave Rider speakers. You will hear "Power on, Bluetooth pairing." Note: In order to use Stereo-Link Mode, you cannot have a Bluetooth device connected. If one speaker is connected to a Bluetooth device, break the connection by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button.
2. With no Bluetooth device connected (blue LEDs on both speakers will blink), on one Wave Rider press and hold – and + for 2 seconds until you hear a short 3-tone melody and "Bluetooth pairing;" repeat this for the second Wave Rider. The melody will indicate the Wave Riders are searching for each other to link as their blue LEDs begin to blink fast.
3. Wait about 10-30 seconds for the Wave Riders to find each other. Once “linked”, one Wave Rider will say “Bluetooth Connected” (if the voice prompts are enabled). Now that the two speakers are “linked,” one speaker’s blue LED will blink fast, while the other speaker’s blue LED will blink slowly to indicate it’s ready to pair the stereo-linked speakers to your Bluetooth device (e.g., your phone).
4. When the Wave Riders are wirelessly linked to play in stereo, navigate to your Bluetooth device’s setup screen, find Wave Rider and connect.
5. Once your smartphone is paired, you will hear “Bluetooth Connected” (if the voice prompts are enabled) and audio can now play out of both speakers in stereo.
- In Stereo-Link Mode: UI Controls on both speakers will be active.
- To exit Stereo-Link Mode, press and hold – and + until the speaker goes back into pairing mode, saying “Bluetooth Pairing.”
- In Stereo-Link Mode, press Power to turn off both speakers.
Yes! When Bluetooth-paired, press and release the Play/Pause / Call Receive/End button to answer a phone call. The phone’s ringtone will be heard through Wave Rider’s speaker until the call is answered. When the call has been disconnected, Wave Rider will resume playing music. To reject an incoming call, press and hold this button.
Press and hold the Play/Pause / Call Receive/End button for 2 seconds to enable your connected smartphone's voice assistant (e.g. Siri®, Google®, etc), and then speak into the microphone.
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own an ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.