ION Cornerstone - Frequently Asked Questions
The ION Audio Cornerstone sounds great, resists the elements, and allows you to control the volume and change the program right from your Bluetooth® device. This article walks through a number of frequently asked questions about the Cornerstone.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long should I charge the battery? Can it be overcharged?I charge the battery? Can it be overcharged?
- How long does the battery last?
- Is this unit water resistant?
- How do I connect the Cornerstone through Bluetooth?
- How far does the Bluetooth connection reach?
- My Bluetooth device will not connect to my Cornerstone. How do I fix this?
- Can I link multiple Cornerstones?
- If I connect 2 Cornerstones, how far apart can they be?
- How do I disconnect from my Bluetooth device?
- How do I reset my Cornerstone?
- The output sound on the Cornerstone is poor quality? How can I Fix this?
- Where can I get further technical assistance?Where can I get further technical assistance?
The Charging LED is solid red while charging and turns off when the battery is fully charged. The unit cannot be overcharged.
On a full charge, the battery will last last up to 50 hours at a normal listening volume.
The unit is IPX4 waterproof so you can leave it out in the rain. However the unit cannot be submersed in water.
- Power on the Cornerstone by holding down the Power button. You will hear “Power On” for confirmation.
- Press the Bluetooth Connect button briefly to enter Connecting Mode – the Bluetooh LED will blink fast, and you will hear “Pairing” to indicate this.
- Navigate to your device’s Bluetooth setup screen, find Cornerstone, and connect.
The connections reaches 100’ from the Bluetooth source to the Cornerstone.
If you experience trouble in connecting, select “Forget this Device” on your Bluetooth device and try to connect again. If your Bluetooth device is not able to connect to the Cornerstone, hold the Bluetooth Connect button on the speaker to break previous Bluetooth connections and reset the Bluetooth Module. The Bluetooth LED will light up solid when it is connected and you will hear “Pairing successful, connected” for confirmation.
You can link up to 2 Cornerstones using the instructions on page 4 of the Quick Start Guide.
A paired set of Cornerstones can be up to 30’ away in distance.
To disconnect, hold the Bluetooth Connect button on Cornerstone. You will hear “Disconnected” for confirmation.
If the Cornerstone is working abnormally, shut down the unit by placing a paperclip into this hole and gently push until the unit turns off. Try this only after you have first attempted to restart Cornerstone using the Power Button.
Make sure that your Bluetooth Source is not too far away from your speaker(s). There should be no more than 100’ of distance between your device and the speaker. If you’re using a pair of Cornerstones make sure the speakers are no more than 30’ from each other
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the experienced ION technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.