ION Film 2 SD Plus - ArcSoft MediaImpressions 2 Installation and Image Transfer
The Film 2 SD Plus allows you to scan and transfer slide images to your computer. The following guide walks through the steps to install and transfer images from the Film 2 SD Plus to your computer using the ArcSoft MediaImpressions 2 software.
- Installation Process
- Transferring Slides
- Further Technical Support
Before we begin, insert your Installation CD and launch the set up.
- Click on INSTALL SOFTWARE to proceed with the installation.
- Choose your language and click OK.
- Click Next to continue.
- Once you have read the License Agreement, click Yes.
Next, you must authorize it.
- Locate the License Key on your software disc's CD sleeve.
- Enter this number into the License Key field. Be sure to use capitalization and hyphens when needed, then click Next.
Now you must save the MediaImpressions software to your computer.
- Choose the desitinaton location for the software. It is recommended to use the default location, as indicated in the image below. Click Next.
- You have the option to rename the software program folder. It is not recommended to change this. Click Next.
- Choose the image files that will automatically open in MediaImpressions 2. Your Film 2 SD Plus saves your slides as .jpg. Typically, leave the defaulted boxes selected and choose Next.
- Your installation is now complete. Click Finish.
- Connect the included USB cable from the FIlm 2 SD Plus to your computer's USB port. Then turn on the unit by pressing the Power button.
- On the Film2SD Plus, the display will show "SD to PC". To enter USB MODE, press the UP button and select "Yes". Then click "OK". This will enable your Film 2 SD Plus to work as an SD Card reader.
- Your computer will then recognize a new Removable Disk. To view your images, choose Import media files to local disk using ArcSoft MediaImpression 2.
- If you do not get the "Removable Disk" Menu when you enter USB mode, you can also obtain the slides directly from the MediaImpression 2 software. To do this, click on your Start Menu and then click on MediaImpressions 2.
- Once the program opens, choose Import on the bottom of the software interface.
- In the drop-down box under Get Media From, select the Film 2 SD Plus. It may be labeled as Digital Camera USB Device as shown in the image below.
- Now, on the same screen, click the Folder icon.
- Choose your Destination Folder. It is recommended to use your My Pictures folder as this is the main default location for most images.
- When you are ready to save your slides onto your computer, click Import. This is found on the bottom left of the MediaImpressions 2 software.
- The software will begin imprting the slides into your Destination Folder.
- After saving, the MediaImpressions 2 software will ask you if you would like to delete the already transferred images from your Film 2 SD Plus SD Card. If you would like to delete them in order to create more room on your SD card click Delete Original Files. If you do not want to delete the slides, click Done.
Congratulations! You have now successfully transferred your slide images to your computer! Enjoy!
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a ION product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, our experienced technical support team is here to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: online community support, phone support, email support.