Need a replacement battery?
Here's how you can be sure you get the right rechargeable battery for your ION speaker
Use the serial lookup tool below to find the right replacement battery for your ION rechargeable speaker. Locate the serial number on rear, bottom, or side of your product, and enter it below. It will be found on a sticker with a barcode, and will begin with (21).
Are ION rechargeable batteries covered under the warranty?
Yes. Your replacement rechargeable battery can be covered under the warranty in the following circumstanses:
- You've owned your ION speaker for less than 90 days
- You can provide a photo or image of your receipt
If the above applies, we can send you a replacement battery under the warranty, free of charge. Just use the form below to let is know where to send it, and provide a copy of your receipt. We'll take care of the rest!
Rechargeable lead-acid batteries are similar to those used in automobiles. As with your car battery, how you use this battery has a significant impact on its lifespan. For example, if you forget to turn off your car's lights and drain the battery, a jump start may work a few times. But after a few full discharges, even a jump won't help, and the battery will need to be replaced. With proper use and treatment, a lead-acid battery can last for years. Here are some recommendations for getting the longest life from the internal battery:
- Fully charge the battery before using it.
- For maximum life, drain the battery 80% once a month.
- Charge the battery completely after each use.
- Avoid completely draining the battery.
- Avoid storing in high temperatures and moist places.
- For long-term storage, periodically recharge the battery.
- If you do not charge the battery for six months, it may not charge.
- Bring the unit to a recycling center or dispose of in accordance with local ordinances.