ION Audio’s® Surf Floating Waterproo Stereo Boombox Keeps The Tunes Coming, Wet Or Dry!
Totally waterproof IPX7 floating boombox has special shape that keeps its speakers above water, 20 watts of power with bass radiator, Bluetooth music streaming, plus built-in mic to answer phone calls.
Cumberland RI, USA (January 6, 2018)—ION Audio, a leader in lifestyle consumer electronics, today announced the introduction of its new Surf totally waterproof floating boombox. Not only does its IPX7 rating make it completely immune to water, but the specially-shaped cabinet keeps the speakers above water, angled perfectly to deliver great sound. The unit has a 20-watt amplifier with dual full-range speakers and a bass radiator that delivers impressive low-end punch. Recognizing the market demand for a completely waterproof portable sound system, ION engineers made certain that the design goals of great sound quality and being totally impervious to water shared top billing.
Surf also has a host of other features that make it convenient and enjoyable: it has a built-in microphone to answer phone calls without getting the phone wet, it works with Siri® and other hands-free assistants, and it features Bluetooth music control with Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track buttons. The built-in rechargeable battery provides hours of uninterrupted fun.
- IP67 waterproofing and rugged/rubberized design—it floats!
- Impervious to water, sand and mud
- Dual full-range drivers and bass radiator delivers great bass
- 20-watt dynamic power amplifier for high-impact sound
- Special angled cabinet shape keeps speakers above water when floating
- Streams music wirelessly from any Bluetooth-enabled device
- Easily control your Bluetooth music with Play/Pause, Next/Previous Track buttons
- Keep your phone dry by using Surf’s built-in mic for answering calls
- Works with Siri® and more*
- Rechargeable battery provides hours of continuous use
- 1/8-inch (3.5mm) aux input for non-Bluetooth devices
- Convenient built-in handle and power adapter
- Threaded insert for tripod mount
- Connects to additional Surf speaker (sold separately) via Stereo-Link™
“Surf is something really special and unique. Here is a great-sounding stereo boombox that’s not only waterproof, you can actually toss it in the pool and the speakers are still above water, delivering great sound,” said Dan Morookian, Project Manager for ION Audio. He added, “This unit is so much fun to use—the wireless music streaming, the hands-free call answering and the all-day battery—it all combines with the totally waterproof nature of Surf to make it an experience like no other.”
U.S. retail is $79.
It will be available in Q1, 2018.
About ION Audio
ION Audio, a leader in lifestyle consumer electronics, has revolutionized indoor and outdoor sound and lighting to create the best consumer entertainment experience. For more than a decade, ION has been transforming consumer entertainment to deliver a wide range of diverse audio, video, conversion and musical products, balancing innovative form and function to deliver sound experiences. For more information visit www.ionaudio.com.